Craving for something sweet and pretty? Decorate your Media Noche table with this beautiful and wickedly tasty White Chocolate Mousse cake topped with pistachios and strawberries.
White Chocolate Mousse with pistachios and strawberries recipe by Chefs Jessie and Roland Laudico
3 cups white chocolate, chopped
4 cups whipping cream, divided into 2
1 Tbsp gelatin powder
1/4 cup cold water
Fresh strawberries, washed, pat-dried, and hulled
Crushed pistachio nuts
1. In a small saucepan, heat 1-1/2 cups cream over low heat. Do not allow to boil. When cream starts to simmer, turn off heat and pour the chopped white chocolate into the hot cream. Leave to melt for five minutes. Afterwards, stir gently until chocolate is completely melted and mixed with the cream. Divide the white chocolate ganache into two. Leave one part to be used as frosting.
2. Sprinkle gelatin powder in 1/4 cup cold water. When the gelatin has bloomed, melt gently over low heat. Mix melted gelatin into one part of the ganache.
3. Whip the remaining 1-1/2 cups cream until whipped cream forms medium peaks. Fold the white chocolate ganache with gelatin into the whipped cream in three parts. This will be the mousse.
4. Pour the mousse into an eight-inch springform pan. Tap the pan gently to remove trapped air bubbles. Freeze the mousse overnight.
5.Warm the other half of white chocolate ganache in a mixing bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
6. Unmold the frozen mousse onto a cake board, and pour the warmed white chocolate ganache over it to frost the cake.
7. Top the mousse with dollops of whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and crushed pistachio nuts. You may drizzle with melted dark chocolate if desired.