Craving for something deep-fried that won’t kill you? Marco Polo Ortigas Manila’s award-winning restaurant, Lung Hin, shares the recipe of two of its most loved dishes. These two crowd favorites are the perfect example to show that healthy can still be deep-fried. Learn how to cook like a true Masterchef with these recipes straight from the kitchens of the Chinese masters.
Deep-fried Crispy Tofu with Seaweed Salad
The deep-fried crispy tofu with seaweed salad is a personal favorite, which marries the softness of the tofu, the freshness of the vegetables, and the crunch of deep-fried taro in one amazing dish.
Thin Slice Seaweed
Japanese Tofu in Cubes
**Ingredients for Sesame Dressing:
30 grams vegetable oil
50 grams sesame
1 pc. egg yolk
20 grams sugar
10 grams honey
20 grams flour
- Prepare the sesame dressing by combining all the ingredients in one bowl.
- Deep-fry the seaweed, Japanese Tofu, and shredded taro separately.
- Arrange all deep-fried and fresh ingredients on a plate.
- Top with sesame dressing.
Deep-fried Bean Curd Leek Rool with XO Sauce
A beautiful take on the usual beancurd dim sum is the deep-fried beancurd leek rolls with XO sauce. Although deep-fried, this delicacy, if perfectly executed, is not oily to the bite, and is a great wake-up for the palate because of the chili sauce.
6 pcs. Beancurd skin
40 grams minced pork
60 grams Kutchay (shredded garlic chives)
XO Sauce (available from Marco Polo Ortigas)
- Sauté the minced pork and kutchay in a pan.
- Pour the XO sauce over the pork and kutchay.
- Prepare the beancurd skin to wrap the dim sum.
- Put a tablespoon of the pork and kutchay mixture on the beancurd skin towards the bottom corner of the wrapper. Tightly roll to secure.
- Deep-fry in low heat until crispy.
Lung Hin was just awarded one of the most outstanding Chinese restaurants outside of China at the 16th China Hotel Industry Golden Horse Awards Gala, known as the Oscars of the hotel industry. To satisfy your authentic Cantonese cuisine cravings, visit Lung Hin at the 44th floor of Marco Polo Ortigas Manila. Visit Marco Polo Ortigas Manila’s website for more information.