While more and more people prefer to revel outside their homes—and more and more firecrackers are being banned—celebrating the countdown in the city’s top destinations is a must. We round up the best places and events to ring in 2019 in and around the Metro:
1. Marco Polo Ortigas, ManilaEnjoy watching the festivities with a panoramic view of the city skyline at Vu’s Sky Bar and Lounge, located at the 45th floor of Marco Polo Ortigas, Manila. Crowd-favorite Reave Groove Band will provide entertainment starting 9:30 p.m. Cover charge is at P1,500 per person, which includes a welcome drink.
For tickets, call (02) 720-7720 or e-mail email@example.com.
2. Makati Shangri-La, ManilaWhat better way to welcome the New Year than a Brazilian carnival-themed party? Makati Shangri-La, Manila’s annual countdown at the hotel’s Lobby Lounge will be pumped up with performances by Rachel Alejandro, Escola de Samba de Manila, Eileen Sison, and many more. The Festa do Brazil celebration is inclusive of cocktails and free-flowing champagne, a three-course dinner, and dessert and cheese buffet.
For inquiries and reservations, call (02) 814-2580 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. New World Makati HotelNew World Makati’s 2019 Countdown party at its Grand Ballroom features nigh-long music and entertainment from the Blue Grass Band and DJ Yhana Nicole. Beverage packages start from P2,500 per person, inclusive of midnight snacks. Avail of at least four (4) New Year’s Eve Countdown passes and get a chance to win a two-night stay with Club access at New World Millennium Hong Kong, complete with two (2) roundtrip business class tickets from Philippine Airlines.
For more information, call (02) 811-6888 ext. 3700 or 3387.
4. Sofitel Philippine Plaza ManilaIf you wish to welcome the New Year under the stars, celebrate at Sofitel’s Sunset Bar. For P8,000, each guest gets to feast on a sumptuous and festive spread, barbecued specialties, free-flowing wine, cocktails, and a glass of champagne.
A Mardi gras countdown party also waits at Spiral! For P7,699 per person, guests can indulge in an upgraded gastronomic selection, a glass of 2009 Nicolas Feuillatte champagne, live music, and exciting raffle prizes including a trip for two to France.
The party doesn’t stop when then the clock strikes 12! Celebrate at the first party of 2019 at Le Bar. Revel in an exhilarating dance party and signature cocktails for only P800 per person. Mardi Gras New Year’s Eve Countdown Party ticketholders can avail of the package for free.
For reservations, call (02) 573-5555.
5. Diamond HotelIt’s a grand party at Diamond Hotel! Eat your hearts out at Corniche Buffet for only P3,800 per person, inclusive of a glass of champagne, party favors, live entertainment, and access to the New Year Countdown Party. Yurakuen offers a mouthwatering Japanese Dinner Set menu for four persons at P7,890 nett and six persons at P10,880, complete with an entertainment by an acoustic duo.
Celebrate at the Lobby Lounge with a lunch or dinner set menu and a glass of sparkling wine at P1,680 per person or a midnight pica-pica spread for only P980 per person. Finally, wait for midnight at Bar 27 with cocktails and a magnificent view of fireworks around the city for only P1,280 consumable per person.
For queries, call (02) 528-3000 ext. 1121 or book online at onlineshopping.diamonhotel.com.
6. Conrad ManilaIndulge in a sensory display and entertainment at Conrad Manila’s countdown party at C Lounge. Live music, drinks, and spectacular Manila Bay fireworks await for only P1,200 per person (indoor) and P30,000 (outdoor) for six persons.
For inquiries and reservations, call (02) 683-3990
7. AG New World Manila Bay Hotel
Does a rooftop party and an unobstructed view of the bay sound inviting? New World Manila Bay Hotel’s NYE countdown party includes three (3) rounds of drinks and cocktails and a live DJ for only P1,900 per person.
For reservations, call (02) 252-6888 or e-mail email@example.com.
8. F1 Hotel ManilaCelebrate with a colorful blast as F1 Hotel and Color Manila tie up for a New Year’s Eve countdown like no other at F1 Hotel’s Canary Lounge. Join the colorful festivity and enjoy unlimited drinks from Stella Artois and Jack Daniels, from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. for only P1,988 per person.
For inquiries and reservations, call (02) 908-7888.
9. Manila Marriott HotelBe part of the biggest New Year’s Eve celebration only at the country’s biggest ballroom. Relish in exciting entertainment, premium cocktails, and five-star dining. Even kids will surely enjoy The Grand Countdown at Manila Marriott’s Grand Ballroom with a Kid’s Zone wherein they can enjoy kid-friendly activities such as crafts and movies.
For inquiries and reservations, call (02) 988-9999.
10. Seda Vertis NorthRelish the best of 2018 and the year to come with a delectable spread at Misto (P1,800 for lunch and P2,200 for dinner) on December 31 to January 1. Afterwards, party at Straight Up Bar and enjoy a panoramic view of fireworks, a full spread of hors d’oeuvres, carving choices, desserts, unlimited drinks, and live entertainment for P3,500 per person.
For inquiries, call (02) 739-8888 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Seda Hotel BGCA luscious buffet spread, live band, and stunning fireworks display await at Seda GBC’s New Year’s Eve festivities! For P5,000 per person, guests will enjoy carvings and barbecue, authentic Italian pizza and more, unlimited house wines and local beers.
For inquiries, call (02) 945-8888 or go to Straight Up or Seda BGC front desk for tickets.
12. Grand Hyatt ManilaBring 2019 to greater heights with Grand Hyatt Manila’s New Year’s Eve Countdown. Treat yourself with a lavish dinner at The Peak for P5,500 per person or at the countdown party for P3,500, inclusive of house lager, red and white wine. You can also celebrate at the hotel’s The Lounge for P2,019 (consumable) per person, complete with live music and entertainment.
For reservations, call (02) 838-1234 or e-mail GHMFestive@hyatt.com.
13. Novotel Manila Araneta CenterSit back and relax at Novotel Manila Araneta Center’s Pool Bar & Lounge. For only P3,888, enjoy a buffet dinner and access to the New Year’s Eve Countdown Party filled with a tapas buffet, two (2) rounds of drinks, live entertainment, and a grand fireworks display.
For reservations, call (02) 990-7888.
14. Astoria PlazaKickoff the new year with a bountiful dinner buffet at Astoria Plaza’s Café Astoria for only P1,500 per person. You can also book your stay and enjoy the festivities, inclusive of party poppers, 2019 crazy shades, and a bottle of sparkling wine.
For reservations, call (02) 687-1111.
15. Crowne Plaza Manila GalleriaBe part of the grand Downtown Countdown at Crowne Plaza’s Grand Ballroom from 8:00 p.m. onwards. Starting at P3,000 per person, guests can enjoy an extensive buffet spread, unlimited beverages, noise makers, party hats, and a balloon drop at midnight.
For reservations, call (02) 633-7222 or purchase online at https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/5518490/downtown-countdown-2019-grand-ballroomcrowne-plaza-manila-galleria-quezon-city-other-venue
16. Crimson Hotel Filinvest CityWhat entertaining way to welcome the New Year with an ‘80s-themed party? Crimson Hotel’s retro countdown party is for everyone who is looking forward to dance the night away. For P2,800 for adults and P1,800 for kids, guests can revel in a dinner buffet, live entertainment, ‘80s New Year treats, and a traditional balloon drop at the Grand Ballroom.
For inquiries and reservations, call (02) 863-2222 or e-mail email@example.com.
17. The Bellevue Manila
Dance your hearts out at Bellevue’s Havana Nights Countdown party. Relish in a fun-filled night with classic and funny acts, and Havana tunes at The Vue Bar for P2,650 for adults and P1,855 for children 12 years old and below.
Purchase tickets at Café d Asie or online at https://events.thebellevue.com/
18. Midori Clark Hotel and CasinoIt’s going to be a starry New Year’s Eve at Midori Clark Hotel and Casino. Just a few hours away from Manila, enjoy a quick getaway with a party like no other! Midori’s Starry Night New Year’s Eve Countdown will take place at Toscana Dining and Midori Garden, featuring international and signature dishes specially prepared by their topnotch chefs. Tickets are priced at P2,000++ per person inclusive of dinner, live entertainment, games and raffles, and a spectacular fireworks display.
For inquiries and reservations, call (045) 308-888 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. Taal Vista Hotel
If you’re planning to take a trip down South, make sure to join the festivities at Taal Vista Hotel, Tagaytay. Enjoy non-stop fun, a luxurious buffet, live band, and a grand fireworks display at the mid-garden when the clock strikes 12. The New Year banquet at the Grand Ballroom includes a carving station and gastronomic favorites, and an open bar courtesy of Moet & Chandon and Hennessy for only P3,500 per person. Dinner buffet at the Veranda is also available at P2,800 for a mouthwatering Filipino-Continental spread.
For inquiries and reservations, call (02) 917-8225, (046) 413-1000, or (0917) 557-8265.